Search This Blog

9.16.2010

Failure

"There is no failure except in no longer trying."

How many times have we all heard that before? Although I completely agree with this statement. I recently discovered that there is another kind of failure. That is to not give something your all, to not try your best. Let me tell you, that's the worst feeling. To fail, but knowing that I could have done so much better. To know that there is no one to blame but myself. If I had failed giving it my best try, there would be no regrets, no failure.

It's pretty weird how long it has taken me to figure this out. I guess it's because I usually give my best in everything I do. There have been times that I haven't, but those have also been the times that I have somehow gotten by.
Wake up call: it doesn't work that way anymore. Call it the real world or even growing up. There is no more just getting by, no more slacking.

Although I feel badly, it is also true that..
"To be wrong is nothing unless you continue to remember it." -Confucius
I will remember this but only to remind myself that I need give my best, no matter what. I will be sure to remember this tomorrow as I embark on yet another adventure. Wish me luck.



Our failures lead us to the road of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment