Search This Blog

7.13.2010

Zendagi Migzara

Life Goes On.

Change is so unpredictable. It is necessary, and yet at times, it seems like the worst thing that can happen. You just have to learn to deal with it, I guess. Because no matter what happens, life goes on. So, we need to stop dwelling on the past. I think that's what I need to work on. I need to stop dwelling on the past. Things just always seem better when I'm looking back at them. I tend to remember all the good stuff but neglect the bad that came with it. I can't live in the past. It's time to move on.



However, this does not mean that I will completely disregard the past. I would not be the person I am without the choices that I have made and the situations I have been through. Or as Eleanor Roosevelt said,

"I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday."

A big part of moving on is leaving certain people behind. That's the most difficult, especially when someone was once a big part of your life. But we all have to realize that things change, and no matter what you do, you can't hold that person back, especially when they don't want you to. No matter what happens, certain people just mean a lot to us, whether we like it or not.

If someone has been with us through tough times, we tend to associate them with happiness or a way to get away from everything. And we try to keep them around for that reason alone. At the same time, we try to leave people behind because we are afraid of getting stuck in the past. Truth is, sometimes we need the heroes of our past to play just a small, insignificant role in our present. Talking to them everyone once in a while or even seeing them provides us with the comfort and security that we all seek. Whether these people remain in our lives or not, the memories will forever remain with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment