Search This Blog

7.02.2010

Friends Forever or Friends For Now?

My life has changed drastically over the past couple of years. I've learned a lot, matured, and grown up. The sad part is, many of the people that I thought would be in my life forever, or at least for a very long time, no longer are. We're all constantly changing, so it seems utterly impossible to expect others to keep up. There are certain friends that will be by your side throughout your life, and I have been lucky enough to find a couple of those. I guess those are the ones that are changing and growing with me, while others either get stuck or move toward the opposite direction.

Are we just supposed to accept that things change and let go or should we try to keep them in our lives?

I recently spent time with a couple of friends who I went from seeing almost every single day to not seeing at all for about a year. I used to consider them some of my best friends until the drama kicked in. I figured we would eventually fix things, but it never happened. When I hung out with them recently, it was nice. I don't expect things to go back to the way they were, but it's nice to be cool again, to be able to hang out, and just talk. There's always a certain comfort level you have with some people, no matter what happens. At the same time, trying to rekindle friendships can go very wrong. Sometimes, things are just weird and awkward, and you realize that it's not easy to forget everything that happened.

I guess everyone isn't worth the effort. There are certain people that we just need to let go of, while there are others that we need to keep around. The difficult part is knowing which one is which.



Speaking of friendship, a really good friend of mine basically made my day by telling me what she thinks about me as a person. I try to the best person I can be, and if I can make the slightest difference in someone's life, that means the world to me.

"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives that we touch" -Remember Me

3 comments:

  1. This is true. i think a true friend is someone who you are constantly learning from or someone who is learning from you ( only good things though).

    if a person isnt helping you improve or grow as an individual, they are only holding you back, and thats not a friend at all!

    MEL DIAZ

    a friend is loving ,loyal, and always worth the wait!

    a friend is so much easier to forgive than anyone else, because we all know we have let someone down at one point or another..

    a best friend is someone who listens without judging! who cares without intervening, and who loves unconditionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reread this...It was so long ago.
    I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont forget about your bestest friend

    ReplyDelete