Search This Blog

7.25.2010

Lose Control


Why do people have the need to control everything? Why are we given the impression that we have control over it all? Cause really, we don't. Everything is not as easy as just taking a pill, which surprisingly is not all that easy for me.

I've recently realized that sometimes not being in control can be the most beautiful. As long as I know that I've tried my best or done as much as I can, I'm content. The rest is not up to me. Whether things work out or not, at least I won't look back and blame myself for any regrets. Things don't usually turn out the way I expect them to anyway, but at least I won't wonder what if. I don't like what-ifs. Well, what if I had done this? What if I had said that? Take charge of your life, but at the same time, there is only so much each of us can do. Take advantage of what you do have control over, and learn to let go of the rest. Let life happen to you. We have control over our actions. It's important to do and say whatever is on your mind regardless of anyone else's judgments or societal norms. Don't hold yourself back. Also, don't let your pride get in the way of something you want.


Does it really matter who did something first or who said something first? We spend so much time waiting for someone else to initiate the things we desire. Who cares. In the end, you are going to be the person regretting not making that phone call or not giving that person a chance.

I'm definitely a thinker. I think too much and over-analyze everything, but I'm trying to change. If something feels right, it probably is.

No comments:

Post a Comment