Search This Blog

7.10.2011

Beautiful to Me

Everyone has that one moment that they often attempt to picture. Something we daydream about, but the reality of it actually occurring anytime soon is just too far-fetched. So we let our imaginations run wild hoping to catch a glimpse of what that moment might feel like, knowing that it will be amazing, whenever it happens.

But it could come sooner than you think, and it doesn't have to be anything extraordinary. The moments that mean the most to us are usually the ones that others would find insignificant, because only you realize its true value, only you can feel all of the emotions that are attached, and only you can capture it for all that it is. And only those that are close to you, the ones that know the whole story, may be able to fathom the immense intensity of it.

Needless to say, reality will always manage to somehow surprise you regardless of the numerous times and ways you may have imagined it happening.

Mine not only came at a time when I least expected it, but also at a time when I almost did not want it, as crazy as that may sound. Instead of imagining the possibilities, I am now re-playing reality in my head, and I'm still a little flustered. Perhaps because I still can't wrap my head around the idea of it all. And when I say most people would think of it as insignifanct, I'm not exaggerating, or underestimating for that matter. It's just one of those things.


"Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you." -John De Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment